By Patricia May P. Catan
WHILE one decides to chug drink after drink, it is also important to be mindful of one’s current state when having barrels of fun at an Oktoberfest party. Everything is all good until you get way past your alcohol threshold and, heaven forbid, the unthinkable happens. And this is why SunStar Weekend is offering a few helpful tips to keep you on your feet without missing out on the Oktoberfest revelry.
1. Know one’s limits. The level of alcohol tolerance varies from person to person, so make sure to keep yourself in check. You can ask a trusted pal to do the honor of keeping you from consuming too much alcohol. Do return the favor some other time.
2. Don’t drink and drive. One may have heard this a million times, but following this advice will definitely help save lives, including yours. No ifs or buts on this one.
3. Avoid being unruly. Booze makes one do stuff he might regret in the morning. Be at one’s best behavior in parties like this, but this doesn’t mean one can’t have fun. Just be cautious. Besides, you don’t want your antics caught on cam and posted for all to see on social media.
4. Don’t leave personal belongings unattended. Keep one’s precious items close because you’ll never know a predator is lurking nearby. Better yet, keep those valuables at home.
5. Never leave a companion behind. Always look out for one another. If one came with a group, he’s going home with the same group, too. Keep an eye on each other.